22 January 2012

He Died of a Broken Heart

So much sadness today with the passing of one of the men I respected most over many years, Joe Paterno.  There's a lot of anger on my part at how he was so poorly treated that I'd had really better be careful what I write.

I'll try to be more retrospective later; right now, I'm hoping every trustee who voted to fire him is unemployed by the end of the year.



There's a lot of talk already about legacy.  I don't think the recent events will tarnish his legacy among anyone who has an ounce of fairness or decency in them.  I do hope the one legacy that comes out of this is that John Surma, the trustee who was so happy to go on camera and announce the firing of Paterno, carries that video clip with him for the rest of his life.  (Like I said, still a lot of anger.)

We'll miss you, JoPa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger