30 July 2012

Why I'll Never Rent a Car from Hertz Again (and neither should you)

Long story short:  I rented a car from Hertz when we were in Seward, Alaska on vacation.  There's a notice of a mileage restriction buried in fine print in the contract.  I had a conversation with the rental agent about where I was going, which was well over the mileage limit.  She never mentioned it to me.

I was charged more than an additional day's rent for our pleasure drive over to Kenai.  The rental agent at the desk when I returned the car admitted they messed up, but wouldn't fix the problem.

Of course Corporate just stood behind legal language rather than engaging in even minimal customer service.

Don't rent from these people...you'll regret it.  I certainly did.

And I should add how friendly and customer oriented the folks at both Avis and Enterprise were when I rented later in the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger