16 October 2009

Hit or Miss

I'm impressed by those bloggers who have something useful to say every day, or even multiple times a day. I can't think of useful, original things to say more often than about once a week. My wife would probably agree. But in my defense, I love that old Steve Martin quote from The Jerk, "When you tell your little stories, try to have a point." So I try to have a point when I post something.


Rush and the Rams

I'm very interested in how a few men (Jackson, Sharpton, et al) could prevent a prospective buyer from bidding on a professional sports team, based on his political views. What about the other NFL owners who are conservatives? And do we really think the political or social views of a guy like Al Davis would be mainstream? This bothers me.



Didn't get the Big Buck

I took my two 14-year-old twins pronghorn hunting last week. Dad had two extra landowner tags after his hunters backed out (economy, I guess). The boys and I had a great time chasing a trophy-book buck over half the county, but alas, no. All you PETA folks out there can relax, the buck is safe and sound. One of the boys asked me if pronghorn are smart. I responded with the obvious, "Well, this one is certainly smarter than we are!"


Politics

I'm wondering when Obama will quit apologizing FOR American, and start apologizing TO America. Here we are a year into his reign (sarcasm intended) and unemployment and the economy have not improved a lick. The only thing that's going up is taxes.

Terrorist near you- coming soon, courtesy of the mad rush to close Gitmo. I think everybody who voted for Obama on the grounds that he would close Gitmo should have to bunk one of these lunatics for a couple months in their house. We could issue the homeowners a chain-mail neck guard for when they need to sleep.



Slaughter is Painful

I just read an article in the Jerusalem Post about how scientists, using a tricky new method of anesthetizing animals have determined that it hurts when the animal's throat is cut during religious sacrificial ritual. Propitiation is painful. That certainly has an application for the Christian believer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger