04 November 2011

Weird Al is Not Only Appropriate, He's Necessary

I mentioned to some of you that Wednesday was double-Palindromic Day (11-1-11 and 11-02-2011); the second only occurs every twenty thousand years, I've heard.

What I forgot to mention was one of my favorite Weird Al videos.  Fellow blogger Pete Scribner posted a link to the video on his blog...go watch it. It's funny, if you like ironic humor.

So Weird Al is necessary to fully enjoy the double-Palindrome day!



(I might add- Weird Al often bases his songs on oldies and recent pop hits...this one is no different.  For those of you under the age of about 40, he's spoofing a 60s singer named Bob Dylan.  Here's the video of the Dylan song that Weird Al took 'Bob' from.  Here's the video of a Dylan song that sounds much like Yankovic's Bob.)

You may not appreciate Weird Al's work as much as I do, but you can't deny he's a creative genius. (Each of these link to a video on YouTube.)

Weird Al as MJ in 'Eat It'-


Weird Al as 'Gump'-


Weird Al as a contestant in, 'I Lost on Jeopardy'-


Weird Al as Obi-Wan Kenobi in 'The Saga Begins' (one of his most creative works)-


Weird Al as an Amish in 'Amish Paradise'-



Weird Al as MJ in 'Fat'-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger