28 February 2011

Taking a Class

As a professor and dean, the idea of taking a college class is kinda scary...it's like the jailer getting thrown in jail, or something like that.  Anyway, I was asked a question a few weeks back in my Sunday School class, and I wasn't able to answer it cogently.  I don't like that feeling.

So I signed up for RLGN 5325 Historical Theology here at Wayland.  Now I'm in an online class full of theology students.  It's a bit intimidating for someone trained as a scientist.  But I need the background of historical theology to answer those, "Why do we do the things we do" questions, and I'm also thinking the course will both strengthen my faith and teach me a bit more about the nature and character of God in the process.  Obviously, those are worthwhile reasons to take the course.

I'm probably nuts, but I'm going to do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger