03 November 2010

Why Do Athletes Sometimes Act Like They are God?

I'm on a blog-roll today.  But when I read this story on Dr Laura's blog, I couldn't help but pass it on.  As the dad of four athletes, two of whom are in high school, it is frightening to me what can happen when these kids are put on a pedestal because of their physical abilities.  This is an example of that very thing run a muck.

I'm not even sure where this happened (her blog doesn't say).  But if it was anywhere near me, I'd be calling some school board members and giving them an ear full.  Is it any wonder why we see the behavior we see in professional athletes, if they've been coddled like this since high school (or even earlier)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, and will read them, but they are moderated.

Reftagger